Spending the Holidays in Vancouver
The holiday season is officially here! And, while we may be biased, we think there’s no better place to spend this festive time than in Vancouver! To ensure you make the most out of it, our team at Vancouver Extended Stay has rounded up their favourite places to eat, explore, and shop throughout December.
- Granville Island: Easily everyoneâ€™s favourite Granville Island destination, the Public Market is chock-full of one-of-a-kind dishes and flavours from all over the world. We especially love A La Mode for their delicious selection of homemade sweet and savoury pies. Bonus: Granville Island is also a great place to pick up handcrafted gifts.
- Thierry Chocolates: Voted by many as the best dessert in Vancouver, Thierryâ€™s is a must-try year-round! They offer a contemporary approach to the finest handcrafted chocolates, macarons, pastries, and desserts. Tip: pair your choice with their house blend double espresso or chai latte.
- Aurora Winter Festival: Experience Canadaâ€™s largest winter festival, located just outside of Yaletown. Not only does it have a skating rink and tube park, it also boasts massive light displays, amusement rides, and more.
- Vancouver Christmas Market: A favourite of many Vancouverties, the Vancouver Christmas Market is a great place to shop for unique gifts, take a ride on the carousel, and visit with Santa. Of course, no trip is complete without trying a few delicious savoury and sweet German dishes, including Das Gulasch Haus and Freie Brat Haus.
- Pacific Centre: What can we say, this shopping centre has something for everyone. A great place to finish off your Christmas shopping, youâ€™ll easily find gifts for the foodies, jetsetters, and fashionistas in your life.
- Robson Street: If you canâ€™t find what youâ€™re looking for at Pacific Centre, youâ€™ll likely find it on Robson Street! Home to the newly opened Chapters, it also has many other popular destinations, including Zara and Lululemon.